Pages

September 26, 2006

The whole story


Ok i said a while back I'd post Isabel's birth story...so here it goes...
We were to call the night before to find out what time we were to be in pre-op.  When we called they told us 7:30...which was a relief since the originally said around 6am.  So we get up that morning and get to the hospital at...6:45am...and since they told us not to be early we sat outside in the car until 7:15 and then walked REALLY SLOOOW to pre-op.  Once there we were told that they were running behind so they put us in a room to wait....at 11:15 they came and got us...I walked down to the staging area and got my iv....I was then wheeled into the OR.  Then the anesthesiologist came in to give me a spinal....after 3 tries they decided to give me an epidural and see if it worked...if it didn't they were going to send me home and try again the next day....well it worked.  A few minutes later they brought Mike in and started cutting...a few minutes later she was born screaming her little head off.  Isabel went to the nursery while I was closed up and Mike went with her and to tell my parents the good news.  While they were closing up I had a panic attack so I got a nice sedative :) 
In recovery it took forever to get out...my blood pressure was running low (80/40) so they had to wait for it to go back up.  Once it did I got to go to my room....and they brought Isabel to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment