Pages

January 25, 2012

sometimes it's ok to be...

Sad.

A few days ago I found out that one of my cousins had died in car crash.  While I have to admit that he wasn't one of my closest cousins, he was one I had hung out with a few times outside of family functions, and he was really a great guy.  Billy was one I would actually admit was a part of my family.

Death is an odd thing.  When it happens to someone you only see every year or so, it doesn't seem as final as it does when it is someone you are close with.  If it is a close friend, a neighbor, a sibling, a parent, etc.  Someone you connect with on a daily or weekly basis, there comes such a range of emotions.  But when it is someone less close, the emotions are different.

I think this is what has me in a funk.

Not the Stay in bed all day kind of funk, or the go weeks without showering kind of funk.

The kind of funk that leaves you feeling a little melancholy, a little retrospective, a little wistful and thoughtful as to what is really going on in your life.  Tonight what sound good to me is to eat a box of chocolate, drink a bottle of wine and listen to something emotional - like maybe a little Adele....

0 comments:

Post a Comment