Pages

March 16, 2007

Beware of infant finger nails

So Izabels fingernails were getting a bit long...so last night as she was nursing (yes she is still nursing...I never thought I'd make it 7 months!)  I decided to clip her nails...I got the first side done without incident so I switched boobys and proceeded to cut the second hand....I got to the next to last nail and a nail flew into my eye!

so I rubbed my eye...Big mistake! I apparently made it move up into the top eyelid way up at the top of my eyeball. I tried Visine....didn't work. 

So I called the nurse info line....

She said to try rinsing it with water and if it didn't work to come to the ER

So I tried the water....Big Mistake #2....my eye had become scratched and irritated by the finger nail so the water STUNG and caused me to blink MORE and caused it to hurt MORE!!

So I decide that instead of going to the ER I will make an appt to see the dr in the morning. I make the appt at 11am....I know this b/c Mike and I discussed it at great length about when it would be best for him to come watch the kids....the times they had available were 11, 1120, and 1140. I chose 11am

So after making the appt I decide to tough it our for the night

During the night I didn't sleep much...not because of the giant nail in my eye, but because Mike decided that was the night he would develop restless legs syndrome thus kicking the covers EVERY MINUTE...until I kicked him....of course this wakes him and he says...what did you wake me for....to which I relpy b/c you WON'T LET ME SLEEP!

So back to the nail...

I wake up to find my eye is covered in goop...so after wiping away the goop I think the nail is gone...WRONG...the familiar poke is still there...but now it has moved...it is now in th bottom outside corner...so I grab a mirror and look...I can see the edge of the nail sticking out of my eyelash...so I pull it our from my eye lid...

I then take a picture of the nail b/c no one will surely believe me when I say it was huge (notice the dime beside it)



so now I go to the dr and am told my appt was at 10am...WTF!!!!!

I told the lady I made my appt online last night for 11am...to which she tells me..."yeah...they've been having problems like that a lot lately...sorry but we don't have any other appts today..."

So I throw a fit and cry and an appointment "magically" appears.

So I now have some antibiotics to put into my...but we are all going to be ok...

SO...as a warning to those out there who think trimming nails is a safe job....BEWARE

...Well I am off to dream land...tomorrow I am buying some safety goggles to trim nails in :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment