Pages

September 1, 2009

Coupon savings 156.64

I do monthly grocery shopping trips - I have found I spend way less if I only go once a month. This month I didn't have to buy a lot of meat since I have a standing freezer and it is currently full of meat I have stockpiled from sales (well that and deer meat) (September menu)

This month I made my menu for the month and then made my grocery list. I also added things to my list that I could get super cheap with coupons and stock pile for later use (for example last month we ate mostly from the stock pile and my monthly grocery bill was 128....to feed a family of 4 for 31 days....not too bad)

So this trip my total before coupons was 372.71

I am not going to list every coupon I used (I had 177 of them...lol) but I will list some of the great deals I did get

10 packages bumblebee tuna - 75 cents and I had a 1.00 coupon - so a .25 cent overage
1 instant rice - 1.89 and I had a 1.00 coupon = .89 cents
4 shells and cheese cups - .88 each with a bogo coupon = 44 cents each
17 fisher trail mixes - 1.00 each with a 1.00 off coupon = free
12/6packs of fruit20 essentials water - 1.50 each with a 1.00 coupon = .50 each
40 mighty dog canned food - .55 each with a buy one free coupon = free
2 friskies cat food - 2.99 each with a 3.50 off coupon = .51 cent overage per bag.


So as mentioned before my total before coupons was 372.71
My coupons totaled 156.64

so my total out of pocket = 216.07

my % saving this trip is a bit lower because I had several things that were pricy and did not have coupons (like the 10lbs bag of vadalia onions...) but I still ended up with a 44% savings

My coupon savings to date is 184.64

3 comments:

  1. how do you do milk? I get it really cheap on quick sale but can't stock pile because it is close to sell by. Froze it once but had a hard time defrosting. NAK sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah milk - I have DH pick it up weekly so I won't be tempted to stray from the list. On Monday's I e-mail him a small list of fresh veggies etc that won't last all month in the fridge (lettuce, zuchini, etc....and bread)...but the "extra's" each week rarely go over 5-10 dollars...unless I get a pregnancy craving...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom has had some success freezing milk - she said you have to freeze it in smaller amounts though so it will defrost better.

    ReplyDelete