Pages

February 22, 2013

Induction

So a friend and I are going to try Atkins for a while - Today starts 14 days of hell - known as "Induction."  The name alone is bad enough.  I mean couldn't they have called it Heaven....or Vacation....or Retirement...anything but Induction.  So yesterday I kinda did carb overload to prep for 14 days with only 280 - 350 carbs total (I have one sheet that says 20 carbs a day - another that says 25).  What can I eat?  Meat, cheese, meat, low carb veggies, oh and meat.  For breakfast I had my cup of coffee with 1 tsp of sugar (instead my normal 3) and 2 eggs, cheddar cheese, and a handful of bacon.  Yeah I said it...Bacon.  If there is one good thing (ok two good things) it's the fact I can eat 2...3...4...5...heck I can eat all the bacon I want because I can. Which reminds me I need to get more bacon.  The bacon we have is maple bacon - which has carbs, so I need to get regular bacon.  I have went through this before - years ago.  Even bought the testing strips to monitor ketosis.  so I know about day 4-10 I will be in a fog...a carb hungry, mind boggling fog.  but it will clear and I will live.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment