Pages

November 20, 2006

Bah Humbug


Ok I am a big Christmas-a-holic...and from what I've heard about those 12 step programs is the first step is to admit you are an addict.  (Hi my name is Missy and I am a Christmas Addict DH (Once again Dear Husband for those non-BZ'ers) got down all of our Christmas stuff from the attic on Saturday....why so early? Well I usually put out my decorations and tree thanksgiving afternoon/Friday after.  BUT this year DH has duty on Thanksgiving, so we are having our dinner on Friday...so I decided since I would be bored on thanksgiving day... (but really I guess it will be like any other day 'cept DH won't be home till morning)...that I'd get most of the decorating done on Thursday.
This brings me to problem number 1....the tree...We have the same tree I had in college at Russellville (I am sure some of you may remember) anyway I got it on clearance at Walmart...and I think I paid 15 bucks for it...well it has a severe lean and was looking kinda rough...so last year we covered it in ornaments..so many you could barely see any green...hoping that would make it look a little better...all that really did was empty our pocket books and cause the tree to lean even further from the weight.  So we got a new tree...a 7.5 foot one...(ok here's time for those of you who have met me to do the math...I am 5'3 and my arms are short) that's right ladies and gents...it is HUGE!  I had this gut feeling that I might need DH to help me put up the tree because of the height gap...so Sunday we moved furniture and we did a "test run"  and yep...I was right...I could not reach over the tree to put the top section of the tree in...so DH did it and we left it up...(thank goodness we got a prelit one...or I'd need a ladder to do the lights!)
So now I have a huge 7.5 foot tree in my living room (yes we have vaulted ceilings in the living room or we wouldn't have gotten one so big) and its not even Thanksgiving yet.  Now what?  Do I attempt to decorate it?  How am I going to get the ornaments on the tops area?  how am I going to get the garland around it?  So my plan of getting it done on Thursday has been thwarted and we will be decorating it this weekend, but I will be able to get most of the yard done (which will be funny b/c everyone else will be inside eating turkey and I'll be doing the lawn up with Christmas lights) and most of the other decorations in the house done. 
Well this is the end of the beginning...that sounds backwards...anyway I am sure I will have lots more to blog about during this christmas season....till then....remember to thaw your turkey out before you cook it and don't eat any pumpkin pie (send it to me  )

0 comments:

Post a Comment