Pages

January 1, 2010

What a way to start the new year!

Last night we let the kids stay up late(r) and we watch one of the movies they got for Christmas (shrek) then the kids headed to bed.  Mike and I then had steaks (mmmm good) and did some channel surfing while getting Eve wound down for bed.  She finally drifted off about 10pm...so we took her to bed.  I decided that she'd probably be up again near midnight so I was heading to bed too....Mike soon followed.

What seemed like a few hours later I woke up, elbowed Mike to tell me what time it was...and low and behold it was 5:45....and Eve was still sleeping!  Wahooo!

Now I know there are old wives tales revolving around New Years Eve/Day - one such says you whatever you are doing at midnight you will do lots of during the following year.  We were sleeping - and if our year is filled with lots of sleep I'll take it....because we are going to need lots of rest for the next year (2011) that year is going to be filled with all sorts of chaos, job changes, life changes, moves, etc....so we'll take a nice restful 2010...we're going to need it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment