Pages

September 9, 2010

Soccer mom

Growing up I played sports - Cheerleading (yes it's a sport), basketball, softball/baseball, and there was the occasional flag-ish football game here and there.  I never played soccer though - not once - in fact I"m not sure if I have ever played a game yet.  Yet here I am taking my kid to soccer - this is his 4th season, and I can honestly say I can see some improvement - the first season he didn't stay on the field much - usually ran off crying.  Second season he was more interested in tackling the other players (I think he may have watched a little football or something)... Last Spring he wasn't crying or tackling, but he was more interested in picking up grass and dancing around (about that time I started thinking it might be better to enroll him in dance)

SO today was the first practice. Mike is the coach, but he is currently playing in the woods, so he isn't able to do these first practice or the first game (he is going to miss the first game by a few hours).  We originally asked a father from last season if he could do it - he of course waits till the day of the first practice to tell us uhm no I am too busy.  SO we had to cancel practice.

Let me back up by saying that in order to hold practice or work with the kids you have to have a background check...

So dude 1 didn't do the background check - and since DH was gone we had no one to do practice.  Then last week hurricane Earl KO'd the practice.  SO I had time to find a replacement for the replacement.  SO mom & dad #2 said they would do it - I stressed to them they had to do the risk assessment etc - and of course I find out yesterday they hadn't done it - and more importantly they weren't returning my calls.

Just so happens though I did the risk assessment just in case - so today I coached soccer - We had a pretty good time - the kids listened - and I ran them enough that I think they will sleep well tonight.   I will now apparently be coaching them on Saturday.  I much prefer to be taking pictures, but right now I'm all they got.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment