Pages

March 2, 2011

low carb day 2

I survived...again

I stayed under my recommended daily carbs - but I had a "no-no" food.  Andrew brought home his pizza certificate from book-it.  Wow I remember doing book-it way back in the day.  Anyway, It took me forever to figure out how to separate carbs in the crust and calories etc - but I think I did a good job.  I ate 1 slice (except outer crust) and the tops of 2 other slices.

I am starting to feel that ketosis "fog".

I am also getting fond of protein shakes....which I think is great - however I know once I make it to the 2 weeks of nothing but shakes and other liquids the "newness" will have worn off of them.

SO...

I did some WLS shopping yesterday,  I bought some chicken soup protein powder (a lot of people swear by it so we'll see)

I bought some "just cheese" for a low carb alternative snack.  Again - some people swear by them - others hate them.... I bet I could make my own by throwing my tomato basil feta cheese on a cookie sheet and baking it till it's crispy.....

I also bought some sugar (and aspartame) free choc and vanilla syrup.  Again I've "heard" that sometimes it's good (as in tastes better) to add a shot of syrup to your protein shakes for more flavor....

Also - a bit of sad news

I have a favorite pair of jeans - everyone has them - mine are getting too big,  I can now pull them off and on without buttoning them.  When I walk the sag down so I have droopy drawers.

Good news?  Because my weight loss is happening during summer I can easily stretch my cloth usage out because I mostly wear stuff (around here) with elastic in the waist so I don't see them falling off anytime soon...

Lastly - a bit of funny.....

Andrew is going to the nursing home today with his class...He asked me who lives there, I told him older people - to which he asked "like nana - will she be there?  LMBO my mom was amused

0 comments:

Post a Comment